Like any major project or production, a lot goes on behind the scenes that most people would naturally never see when viewing the finished product. With our building project, we want to give you at least a periodic glimpse of some of the “goings on” while we wait for our building to start coming up out of the ground. Over the next several months, we will publish updates to this “Behind the Scenes” series, so be sure to check back here every few weeks to stay in the loop.
TAKE 1: JAN-FEB 2020
- Jan. 23 – We received the updated scope of work and quote from, N.J. Wilbanks, our site contractor, that reflected our revised building design.
- Jan.31– Members of BF Advisory team met to discuss updates to project plan, contractor selection process and next steps with site contractor and architects.
- Feb. 7 – Meeting with N.J. Wilbanks to map out projected schedule and timeline (March-July) for the remaining work to be completed.
- Feb. 10 – Members of BF team met to review updated site work schedule, revise overall project schedule and finalize contractor selection process and timeline. Structural engineers met with architects to continue work on the building’s structural steel plans and wood truss system in chapel.
- Feb. 12 – Members of BF team met with architects to discuss and finalize design schedule through completion of construction documents.
- Feb. 13 – Members of BF team initiated lighting design/specification process.
- Feb. 20 – Members of BF team scheduled to meet with architects and MEP engineers.
- Feb. 26 – Bi-weekly update call with BF team and architects.